Advanced driver assistance systems, or ADAS, are becoming more common in new cars. These systems use sensors and other technology to help drivers avoid crashes and stay safe on the road. You need to take care of these systems to keep them working correctly.
One of the most important safety equipment on your car is the ADAS. However, the ADAS may no longer be properly calibrated if your windshield is replaced. This can lead to several serious risks, including decreased visibility and accuracy. Sometimes, it can even cause the ADAS to fail completely. Thankfully, there are ways to prevent this from happening.
Why You Should Take Care of Your ADAS Calibration
When you get a windshield calibration, it’s important to calibrate your Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS). If you don’t, you could risk yourself and others. Here are just a few of the potential risks:
- Decreased Visibility: One of the most important functions of the ADAS is to provide clear visibility for the driver. If the system is not properly calibrated, it can be difficult for the driver to see it. This can lead to decreased reaction times and an increased risk of accidents.
- Decreased Accuracy: If the ADAS is not functioning correctly, it can give false information to the driver, which might cause them to make bad decisions.
- Complete Failure: In some cases, an improperly calibrated ADAS can fail completely. This can leave the driver without assistance, which can be extremely dangerous.
How to Prevent These Risks
The best way to prevent these risks is to calibrate your ADAS whenever you get a new windshield at your auto glass company. This will ensure that the system is working correctly and that you can keep yourself and others safe on the road:
- When you get your windshield replaced, make sure it is an OEM replacement. Aftermarket parts may not be properly configured, resulting in difficulties with the ADAS system.
- If you can, get the replacement done at the dealership where you bought your car. These businesses will have the right tools and skill set to guarantee that the work is correctly completed.
- Don’t be alarmed if something goes wrong. Not all ADAS systems are created equal, and some are more difficult to use than others. If you’re having difficulties, contact a professional for assistance. You should be able to get your ADAS system back up and functional using a little patience and effort.
At Glass Leader AutoGlass in Dallas, We Take Care of Your ADAS Needs
At Glass Leader AutoGlass, we pride ourselves on providing the utmost auto glass services and ADAS calibration in Dallas, TX. That’s why we’re proud to offer ADAS calibration after your auto glass replacement in Dallas. With this service, you can be sure that your vehicle is safe to drive after a replacement.
We know that safety is important to you, and we want to make sure that you’re always protected on the road. Reach out to us and request your services; our team will be happy to assist with your auto glass needs.